Matheson Flow Meters
CK Special Gases have been official agents for MATHESON for over 20 years, supplying their premium products into the UK to many loyal MATHESON customers.
An Industry Leader for over 80 years
In 1926 MATHESON Gas Products became the first company to offer a reliable source of high quality scientific gases and equipment. From the start, MATHESON asserted its leadership by understanding specialty gas applications and providing products specially designed for these applications. Some of MATHESON’s more notable accomplishments include the development of the lecture bottle, now used by virtually every major college and university in the world, and the supply of ultra pure gases that served as standards for the first gas chromatographs.
CK Special Gases offer a wide range of Flow Meters from the MATHESON catalogue, below you can see our most popular flow meter in detail and a selection of links to other products supplied into the UK, along with the flow meter overview.
Model FM-1050 Series – High Accuracy Flowmeter (150mm)
Matheson’s FM-1050 Series Flowmeters provide the most accurate indication and precise control of fluids available for a wide range of applications. This versatile meter is functionally and dimensionally interchangeable with other current designs while incorporating many innovative features. All FM-1050 Series glass metering tubes have integral float guides to ensure a guaranteed ±5% (±1% with optional calibration) of full scale accuracy. Both glass and stainless steel floats are included. The meters are available in a range of 150mm reference indicating scales. Be sure to request calibration data for the gas(es) you will be measuring.
Standard with this series is the uniquely designed Tube-Cube ®. The “cube,” a unitized tube holder, aligns the tube quickly and easily for simple tube installation or replacement. The Tube-Cube ® provides protection during handling, reducing chipped tube ends, broken tubes and misalignment. The 1.5 X scale magnification lens allows for a more accurate reading. End seals in the FM-1050 are direct acting and non rotating for fast alignment and convenient service access.
- No valve for those who just want indication
- Utility (six-turn) valve for those who desire control as well as indication
- High accuracy (fifteen-turn) valve, for very precise control and repeatability
- High resolution 150mm scale length
- Precision tapered, fluted metering tube
- Low pressure drop for increased available flow rates at low feed pressures
- Standard front panel mounting requires minimum hardware – easy installation, quick access
- Available utility and high precision metering valves do not require special fittings
- Simplified, direct acting, non rotating compression plug for quick and easy tube sealing
- Pressure Rating: 250 psig maximum
- Temperature Rating: 250°F maximum
- Accuracy: ±5% of full scale flow rate
- Optional Accuracies: ±1% of full scale for reference scales only
- Repeatability: 0.25% of scale reading
- Range: 10 to 1, i.e., 100% to 10% of full scale mm or linear flow with conversion curves and/or factors
- Scale Readings: Special direct reading scales available
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb
- Flowmeter Product Line Overview
- Model FM 1000 High Accuracy Flowmeters
- Model FM 1100 FM 1127 High Capacity Flowmeters
- Model PG 1000 Economical Flowmeters
Please contact us for a quote or if you have any questions.
Please use the link below to see the full range of Flow Meters available from MATHESON.
Got a Question?
For information please start your enquiry below: